Technical Product Manager
October 20, 2021
WHO WE ARE
Edison Interactive is a leading provider of enterprise software for connected devices. Focused on digitally transforming the customer experience, EI is known for its vast network of premium displays, digital signage and infotainment solutions in a variety of industries including transportation, recreation and hospitality.
Edison’s end-to-end solution combines premium content, functional feature sets and monetization tools that enable brands to connect with their customers in more meaningful ways. Since our company’s inception, we have been managing and optimizing the largest digital screen networks in the world, from rental cars and golf cars to the hottest new motorcycles and trucks.
We are currently looking for a Technical Product Manager to join our team. As a member of our team, you will be an integral part of helping us innovate for the future and drive our business forward. We want you – and your bright ideas – so we can create meaningful technology that stands the test of time.
* Edison Interactive is a venture-backed SaaS company in Denver, CO with satellite offices across the country
The Technical Product Manager is responsible for working closely with our clients, developers, and designers to build and evolve world-class products. Facilitate the communication between stakeholders and our product delivery team.
EXPERIENCE YOU CAN BRING TO US
- Ability to clearly articulate and present in professional settings, including to Fortune 500 clients and executive-level leadership
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product through the entire product lifecycle
- Keen attention to detail and strong organizational skill
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- 7-10 years of experience
- Work collectively with all stakeholders to translate business strategy into product strategy
- Act as the champion/voice of the customer/products across the Edison organization
- Maintain a deep understanding of all aspects of your assigned products, evolving customer/product needs and dependencies
- Author product requirements through epics and stories and represent the product roadmap by managing prioritization of the Agile Product Backlogs ensuring all stakeholders are represented.
- Utilize tools such as use-cases, storyboards and prototypes to clearly communicate product goals and functions
- Coordinate release dates and contents based on customer needs, delivery dates and Edison capabilities and priorities.
- Resolve roadblocks and risks proactively, efficiently and effectively
- Represent the voice of the stakeholders in scrum and stand-up meetings
- Work cross-functionally with clients, business, design, engineering, and operational support teams to deliver products to the market that meet customer needs
- Communicate early and often, both internally and externally, to ensure priorities are met and knowledge and updates are cascaded to all parties
- Live and breathe company culture and demonstrate the Edison Ethos
- Ability to take complex user experiences and document the current and desired state effectively and efficiently via written word, diagram, journey map, spreadsheet, slides, and video.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through virtual meetings, email, video and presentations.
- Proficiency with the following business applications:
- Shortcut.com (formerly Clubhouse.io) or equivalent Agile Sprint Collaboration Tool
- G Suite tools include Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, Calendar, Google+, Sites, Hangouts, and Keep. or equivalents.
- You’re a strong communicator – You communicate like a boss because you are one. You lead by example, rally your team and communicate clearly and effectively
- You’re a change agent – You have a vision for the future and will promote, champion and support internal changes that positively impact our organization
- You’re a team leader – You work well with a team and fostering strong workplace relationships is important to you. You actively coach and mentor, you’re passionate about what you do and have enthusiasm for building a world-class team
- You’re process-oriented – You understand the importance of process and you have experience creating and implementing processes that are scalable and enhance the organizational output
- You’re detail-oriented – The little things matter to you and you pay attention to the smallest details
- You’re analytical – You recognize, assess, and communicate potential opportunities and risks concerning application development, product roadmaps and deadlines
- You’re effective – You respond with a sense of urgency to immediate needs. Understand the directives and requirements of projects and adapt well to changing priorities.
- You’re professional: You demonstrate a professional demeanor and add value to client interactions and conversations.
- You’re eager – The thought of taking on new challenges and responsibilities excites you – you believe knowledge is power and actively develop and seek out new skills and share that knowledge with your team
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
Our best-in-class technology is the direct result of a best-in-class team. We’re intensely committed to hard work and collaboration. We innovate, reinvent and recreate to keep our technology, and most importantly our team, ahead of the curve.
The Edison Ethos are our guiding values. They characterize our organization and the individuals who work here. These values are at the core of who we are and what we do:
Integrity: We do the right thing.
Respect: We respect and care for all.
Teamwork: We are better together
Innovation: We think big
Results: We commit to go beyond.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Commitment to your growth and your career
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid holidays
- Benefits; including health, dental and vision insurance
- 401K with company match
- Commuter perks